Note that this is pay-what-you-want, with a suggested price of $14 but, if you want to pay lower or higher, you can.
This is an early version of this book, and I hope to later put it out in a more succinct form in paperback (but that may take a while). This purchase includes EPUB format and PDF format, but EPUB is recommended. You can find many free EPUB readers; your device likely has one on it. If you have a Kindle, you can easily forward the EPUB to your Kindle email address (instructions are easy to find online). You might enjoy listening to this in audio form using a text-to-voice app (like VoiceDream).
You'll receive notifications when I make updates to the book.
This is a book about the problem of extreme us-vs-them polarization in America, and what we can do about it. You'll get something out of this book if any of these are true:
- You think our us-versus-them anger has gotten out of control and want to know what you can do to help with that problem.
- You're angry at "the other side" but want to understand why they think what they think.
- Your job requires you to understand or speak to people on “the other side.”
- You want to have less angry, more productive conversations with family members and friends who are on “the other side.”
- You're a political activist and want to be able to make more persuasive arguments to people on "the other side."
- You work on political conflict resolution endeavors and want some new ideas (for example, how to overcome common objections).
This book is aimed at regular citizens, with the idea that, in order to effect real change, we need to get more citizens thinking about and talking about these topics (which will hopefully then trickle upwards to exert pressure on people in positions of power). With that in mind, I appreciate you sharing this work (or any depolarization-aimed work) with people you know.
You'll get two ebook files of this book: an EPUB file (which you can use with Kindle) and a PDF.